This is the first year I have decided to publish my annual review and goals for the upcoming year. There were definate holes in my goals but awareness is the key to success.
I journal, doodle and record my successes through the year using Leonie Dawson's workbooks and some blank notebooks.
Writing things down by hand helps concrete idea and goals into my subconscious mind. Reading them daily helps anchor these ideas and my brain will do it's best to find solutions.
The difference between a millionaire and a billionaire is that the billionaire reads HER goals twice daily.
2018 review by life category:
- I met and secretly handfasted my soul mate on 21st December 2018.
We made a conscious decision to keep things private and not invite anyone. It's ok to set boundaries, it's ok to say no, it's ok not to be a people pleaser.
- I was honoured to be one of the co-authors for Activate Your Life which was an International #1 Bestseller, published in October 2018
- I also co-authored Financial Freedom Explained, Third Edition
- I was invited to speak at Network Roscommon
- I was interviewed on Dublin City FM Upstarts show
- I shared a stage with the incredible Donna Kennedy and 14 other inspiring women, to launch my latest co-authored book coming on on 26th February 2019. WE Summit Together
- I worked on increasing my multiple streams of earned and passive income. There is more about this in Financial Freedom Explained.
- Based on the success of my signature "Money Magic" programme with the ETB, I am able to announce more venues in 2019. These classes are totally FREE.
- I won 3 euro on the lottery.
- I use my favourite software, YNAB, to manage my money - both business and personal.
- I reorganised my very cluttered kitchen cupboards using Marie Kondo's technique. Sort first, purge and then group similar items together.
- I continue to read at least one book a week. I will probably read even more now that the libraries are no longer charging fines for overdue books.
- I overcame a fear of open water and swam across the river Cher in France.
- I was able to spend valuable time with my family at two wedding in 2018.
- I welcomed my beautiful grand niece into the world.
- I continued being an active volunteer first aid trainer and emergency first responder with St John Ambulance, Castleknock.
- I'm still trying to master driving an ambulance, let's just say that I would not rely on my driving skills in an emergency.
What did not go well, the goals with holes
- I had intended to launch an online programme based on my face to face Money Magic classes but I let my fear of being visible and being judged get in the way.
- I did not put myself forward enough for speaking engagements and undervalued myself.
Areas for improvement
- Just do it and realise that done is better than perfect.
- Ask for help and then actually implement the solutions.
- Put myself first and pay myself first, no argument.
We often overestimate what we can do in a day but underestimate what we can do in a week.
Goals for 2019
- Travel more - visit at least new countries and take my first family holiday with my husband and our children.
- Be more visible in my business.
- Become a best selling author (again) with WE Summit Together.
- Secure paid speaking engagements.
- Tame my clutter and continue using the Marie Kondo method of tidying up.
- Landscape my garden.
- Look for more opportunities to collaborate with like-minded business owners and authors.